In cities across the country, The Welcoming Committee builds communities of thousands of LGBTQ people and takes them, by the hundreds, to the local iconic nightlife, cultural, sports, and travel destinations. While some might see us as an events and travel organization geared toward LGBTQ people, we are actually first and foremost community builders, powered by dozens of volunteers who are passionate about our mission of helping LGBTQ people experience the entire world in outrageous comfort.
Community Managers are the cornerstone of our volunteer program, acting as the conduit between TWC HQ, the volunteers who report to them, the organizations who want to work with us, and the thousands of TWC members in their cities.
A volunteer Community Manager:
- Leads the TWC movement in their city
- Recruits, trains and mentors TWC’s Corps members
- Helps identify opportunities for community building, suggest takeover locations, and inform HQ policy and procedures
- The deadline to let us know you are interested in one of the Community Manager positions is Friday, November 6 at 5:00 p.m.
- We will contact you by Monday, November 7 with next steps.
- Tenure is from December 1, 2015-December 31, 2016
- Two nationwide Community Manager retreats (December 4-6 and June TBD) - we will transport you to them!