The Welcoming Committee is nothing without it’s Community Managers. Being a CM is about being more than just a member. They bring the city what it needs most: community. They inspire, they play, they send hugs, they laugh, they listen but most of all they bring the magic. Here’s a few things you can look forward to doing as a CM:
- Making a lot of new and awesome friends. (Sounds like the worst, right?)
- Being the face and name behind your city’s TWC chapter and the key liaison to TWC Headquarters.
- Launching and maintaining the flagship TWC event: Guerrilla Queer Bar (GQB), plus other non-bar events!
- Scoping out iconic bars, events, and travel destinations that for one reason or another the LGBTQ community doesn't find themselves going to.
- Spreading the TWC mission like wild fire.
Sound amazing? Contact us here. Want to know more? Read on.
Community Managers never work alone. While we've built our wishlist of what qualities make a good CM, we think it's more important that two CMs fulfill these together rather than having one person who embodies all of these qualities.
- Love of connecting people and reaching new ones
- Willingness to go new places and see different parts of the city
- Ability to talk to strangers
- Fun and excited!
- Social media savvy
- A good listener
- Excited by travel and new adventures
- An influencer and motivator
The perks? Here are a few, plus testimonials from Community Managers in other cities.
- Pride in building the largest LGBT community your city has ever seen
- Meeting and building a network of incredible passionate and dedicated TWC employees & volunteers nationwide
- Many more perks for events and travel!
Sound like you gig? Let us know here (or just scroll down)!
“You know when you find something and then wonder how you went your whole life without it? Well, that’s what happened with being a CM for me. My life changed. And I never knew I had the capacity to do so much and make such an impact. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship being a CM.”
- Mary Pitek, Philly CM
"Being a Community Manager has been such a positive and wonderful experience. I've met so many people and I couldn’t be happier. Seeing our community come together in support of one another is satisfaction in and of itself. I look forward to future events and hope the community continues to strive and grow together and that each individual feels that they are welcome in any type of environment."
- Kevin Haines, Philly CM