Our second annual Foxwoods takeover. Last year busloads of gays stormed a casino, took over 3 bars, listened to Kathy Griffin dedicate her opening act to our #DestinationTakeover (we're not kidding) and showed Shrine what a nightclub dance party should really look like. Time for round two.
This year we'll be descending on the largest casino in the United States for another night of insanity. Here's what's included: One night stay at the MGM Grand Hotel, a ticket to the Kathy Griffin show, bus rides there and back (from South Station in Boston), $15 in gambling credits, buffet dinner, beer, survival kits, and one night to experience Foxwoods Casino like you probably never have.
Here's a glimpse of what last year looked like. And for anyone who's thinking about traveling solo, you'll be in good company. 25% of our #DestinationTakeover-ers show up stag.
If you're buying tickets as a group, you'll be asked for a team name at check-out in order to ensure you're in a room together. If you're traveling solo and want to room with other people, just write "match" and we'll put you with your new friends.
Questions? We're here to help: Ashley@thewelcomingcommittee.com
1. One night stay at the MGM Grand Hotel
2. Ticket to the Kathy Griffin show
3. Round trip bus rides from South Station in Boston in a 50 passenger charter bus
4. $15 in gambling credits
5. Buffet dinner
7. Survival kits
ITINERARY & EXPERIENCE:
1. Board buses at South Station at 1:30pm on Saturday, November 9th
2. Get your survival kits / meet your new best friends
3. Check in at the MGM Grand Hotel @ Foxwoods
4. Cocktail time at 5pm (bar TBD)
5. Gamble, shop, drink, eat at a buffet
6. Meet at another bar for Cocktail time part deux @ 7pm
7. Go to Kathy Griffin. Yes. Kathy Griffin @ 8pm (tickets included in price)
8. Devour Shrine Nightclub with the rest of TWC's troops @ 10pm
9. Wake up / get breakfast / giggle about everything that happened the night before
10. Board buses at 11am on Sunday morning and head back to South Station
11. Pretend nothing happened. Except everything happened.
Included in the ticket price is a round trip ride in a 50 passenger charter bus from South Station (map) to Foxwoods with all of your new friends. We'll be departing at 1:30pm on Saturday, November 9th and arriving at the MGM Grand just before check-in time. Sunday's departure time at 11am will have you back in Boston at approximately 1pm.
LODGING:Not only is the MGM Grand the nicest hotel on the Foxwoods property but it also happens to be the closest to Kathy Griffin's show, Shrine nightclub and some of our favorite bars. You have the option of staying in a room with 3 other people (the cheapest option), 1 other person, or having a room all to yourself.
If you're traveling solo, like 25% of our #DestinationTakeover-ers do, you can opt in to any of the room options. If you want to stay in a 4 person or 2 person room, just write "Match" when prompted at check-out and we'll add you to a room.
Got questions? Email Ashley (click here) and ask her anything.