We're taking your summer camp experience, turning it upside down, adding tons of LGBTQs and creating a weekend you wish you had had when your parents forced you to 'play nice' with the other overnight campers.
On June 20 - 22, join TWC Philly and TWC DC for a weekend of camping, fire pits, s’mores, drinking, karaoke, and, of course, white-water rafting in the Poconos. Also included in the trip are two nights of tent camping or cabin accommodations, nightly entertainment including visits to historic downtown Jim Thorpe and the nearby Rainbow Mountain for a dance party, swag, beer, and more. If you've traveled with us before, you know what you're in for.
Here's what's included:
One full day of white water rafting with certified guides
2 nights of lodging in either your own tent or a cabin
Bag lunch during Saturday's rafting trip and a BBQ when we return
Breakfast on Saturday and Sunday mornings
- Trip to Jim Thorpe with TWC on Friday night
- Trip to Rainbow Mountain for a dance party and karaoke on Saturday night
- Tons of hiking trails all weekend
Group & Ticket options:
- If you are traveling alone, like a quarter of our travelers, sign up as an individual. If you buy a ticket for a cabin we'll match you up with your new best friends.
- If you are traveling with a group and would like to purchase tickets for everyone in your group, simply sign up as an individual and select the number and kind of tickets you would like.
- If you are traveling with a group and would like everyone to pay separately, go here, click on "Create a Group", name the group and then ask your friends to join that group when they're buying their ticket. We will make sure your group is staying in the same cabin when we set up lodging!
- Want to buy out an entire cabin for you and the rest of your group? You can buy all of the tickets for you and 7 of your friends (cabins sleep 8) or create a group and invite them all to join you that way. As long as you're in the same group, you'll all be sleeping in the same place.
- For those traveling with groups of more than 6 people, rafts hold 7 (including the guide) so we may need to put some of you with new friends!
- Tent camping is the most popular option. There's plenty of space, but you'll have to bring all your own gear - no rental equipment is available.
- Cabins sleep 6 and have electricity, but you'll need to bring your own bed linens. Toilet and shower facilities are shared with the campgrounds.
Our swag sponsors:
- Friday, June 20:
- Check in begins at 2pm, but TWC Philly is planning to arrive at Jim Thorpe Camping Ground by 8pm.
- Grab dinner at the restaurant/bar across the road from the campground or grill up some food! You'll just need to bring your own grill and food if you want to go that route.
- On Friday night we'll head into Jim Thorpe, known as the "Gateway to the Poconos" together. We'll hit up a bar and show Jim how we party.
- Saturday, June 21:
- Wake up to get breakfast, sign your waivers, and get your rafting assignments from TWC's crew members. There will also be wetsuits, booties and other rafting gear to rent if you feel so inclined. If you'd rather bring your own gear, we'll send you a packing list ahead of time so you know what to wear!
- Raft! Raft! Raft! on 12.5 miles of class III rapids.
- Head back to the campsite for a big BBQ, then free time to swim in the lake or hang out by the bonfire
- On Saturday night we'll take the bus over to Rainbow Mountain for a dance party and karaoke.
- Sunday, June 22:
- 11am: Check-out time!
- TWC is taking over a big section of Jim Thorpe Camping Resort, so there'll be plenty of space for everything. Bring frisbees, cornhole, ladder ball, or anything else you feel like partaking in on Friday & Saturday!
What comes next?
- We'll send you an email closer to the trip with information about a pre-party so you can meet the rest of TWC's rafters, what you can expect in terms of cell service and what to include in your packing list!
- One lucky TWCer will win a City Sports gift card so they can buy some last minute wish-list items for the trip! Just buy your ticket and you'll automatically be entered to win! We'll get in touch with the winner a few weeks before the trip!