We're taking your summer camp experience, turning it upside down, adding tons of LGBTQs and creating a weekend you wish you had had when your parents forced you to 'play nice' with the other overnight campers.
From June 27 - 29 join 100+ LGBTQs from Boston for a weekend of camping, fire pits, s’mores, drinking, karaoke, and, of course, white-water rafting in Maine. Also included in the trip are two nights of tent camping or accommodations in bunkhouses or cabins, nightly entertainment at a bar just across the street (ahem: karaoke), swag, beer, and more. If you've traveled with us before, you know what you're in for.
Here's what's included:
One full day (9am - 4pm) of white water rafting with certified guides.
2 nights of lodging in either your own tent, a bunkhouse or a cabin
Big BBQ lunch on Saturday
- Karaoke, bonfires and beer with TWC on Friday night
- Live bands, bonfires and more beer on Saturday night
- Tons of hiking trails all weekend
- TWC survival kits
- On site, indoor & outdoor, bar with full menu
- Chance to win a City Sports gift card to buy some gear for the trip!
Please note that transportation is not included to keep costs down. If you don't have your own ride, team captains from the TWC Corps will help you arrange one!
Group & Ticket options:
- If you are traveling alone, like a quarter of our travelers, sign up as an individual. If you buy a ticket for a cabin or bunkhouse we'll match you up with your new best friends.
- If you are traveling with a group and would like to purchase tickets for everyone in your group, simply sign up as an individual and select the number and kind of tickets you would like.
- If you are traveling with a group and would like everyone to pay separately, go here, click on "Create a Group", name the group and then ask your friends to join that group when they're buying their ticket. We will make sure your group is staying in the same bunkhouse or cabin when we set up lodging!
- Want to buy out an entire bunkhouse or cabin for you and the rest of your group? For a bunkhouse you can buy all of the tickets for you and 7 of your friends (bunkhouses sleep 8) or create a group and invite them all to join you that way. As long as you're in the same group, you'll all be sleeping in the same place. If you want to buy an entire cabin, you can either buy tickets for you and 8 of your friends (cabins sleep 9) or create a group and invite all of them to join you.
- For those traveling with groups of more than 6 people, rafts hold 7 (including the guide) so we may need to put some of you with new friends!
- Tent camping is the most popular option. There's plenty of space, but you'll have to bring all your own gear - no rental equipment is available.
- Bunkhouses sleep 8 people. You'll need to bring your own bed linens and there's no electricity in the bunkhouses you can always charge your phone in the bar across the street or in the bathrooms. Toilet and shower facilities are shared with the campgrounds.
- Cabins are the most luxurious option. They sleep 6-9 people and have their own bathrooms and electricity. Just like bunkhouses, if you want to make sure that you and all of your friends stay in one cabin, go here, create a group and invite those friends to join that group when they buy their tickets. We'll make sure that everyone in the same group stays together.
Our swag sponsors:
- Friday, June 27th:
- Hop in your car and head up to Maine. You can arrive at The Forks Outdoor Fun Resort as early as 1pm on Friday afternoon if you want to start the festivities early
- Check in with TWC's crew when you arrive, grab your survival kits, pop open a beer and hang out in the massive campground area that the rafting company has dedicated to our group this year! (You can see a picture of where we're staying below.)
- Grab dinner at the restaurant/bar across the road from the campground or grill up some food! You'll just need to bring your own grill and food if you want to go that route.
- We'll be hanging out by the campfire on Friday night and then heading over to karaoke to show the rest of the rafters how to really throw a party. TWC will have some beers on hand for everyone but if you want something else to partake in, feel free to bring your own adult libations!
- Saturday, June 28th:
- 7:30am: Get up and grab a $7 buffet breakfast at the restaurant across the street
- 8:00am: Be ready to sign your waivers and get your rafting assignments from TWC's crew members. There will also be wetsuits, booties and other rafting gear to rent if you feel so inclined. If you'd rather bring your own gear, we'll send you a packing list ahead of time so you know what to wear!
- 9:00am: Head to the rapids!
- 9:00am - 2:30/3pm: Raft! Raft! Raft!
- 3pm: Quick trip (under 10 minutes) to head back to the campsite for a big BBQ lunch and picture show from the rapids!
- 4/5pm: Head back to the campgrounds to shower, hangout, drink, start building a campfire
- 7pm: Hang at the campfires with the rest of TWC's members and share all of the stories from the days adventures.
-9pm: Live music at the bar for dancing!
- Sunday, June 29th:
- 11am: Check-out time!
- After 11am: The inn down the road has a big brunch that lots of people will opt into. They've got everything from eggs and toast to lobster benedict!
- TWC is taking over an even bigger section of the Forks Outdoor Fun Resort campground this year, which means more room for everything. Bring frisbees, cornhole, ladder ball, or anything else you feel like partaking in on Friday & Saturday!
What comes next?
- We'll send you an email closer to the trip with information about a pre-party so you can meet the rest of TWC's rafters as well as give you information on how to get to the Forks, what you can expect in terms of cell service and what to include in your packing list!
- One lucky TWCer will win a City Sports gift card so they can buy some last minute wish-list items for the trip! Just buy your ticket and you'll automatically be entered to win! We'll get in touch with the winner a few weeks before the trip!