Three days and two nights on the Kennebec River in Maine with TWC's troops. From August 23rd to the 25th we'll be devouring the Forks Outdoor Fun Resort and campground and a class 4 river for rafting, camping, hiking, bonfire-ing, and drinking. Not to mention the grounds will be playing host to Maine's Outdoor Film Festival on Saturday. It's what summer camp should have looked like back in your awkward middle school days.
- One full day (9am - 4pm) of white water rafting with certified guides (each raft fits 6-8 people)
UPDATE as of 8/15: The River is full but you can still take part in the rest of the takeover activities listed below
- Big BBQ lunch on Saturday
- Karaoke, bon fires and beer with TWC on Friday night
- Live music, bonfires and more beer on Saturday night
- Tons of hiking trails all weekend
- TWC survival kits
- Corn hole and ladder ball
- On site, indoor & outdoor, bar with full menu
- 2 nights in either a tent or a bunkhouse (purchase ticket below depending on which lodging option you want)
- 25% off tickets to Maine's annual Outdoor Film Festival taking place on Saturday
ITINERARY & EXPERIENCE:
We've got 3 days and 2 nights of awesome planned for you. Go here to see the full itinerary and all of the optional activities including hiking, bonfires, lawn games, the Maine Outdoor Film Festival and karaoke.
This time around, TWC members will be providing their own transportation. If you're all, omg, where's my bus??? Let us know that you want to ride with the group by putting your name in our delightful Google doc here. But in the meantime, if you're looking to carpool, we've set up a Facebook event where you can message one another and figure out rides. Just go here to get carpool-y and look for the messages TWC rafters have already posted about offering rides.
We've got two lodging options, tents & bunk houses, both of which have a designated picnic table and camp fire ring. To see where they're located on the campground and get more details about what they entail, go here.
Got questions? Email Ashley (click here) and ask her anything.