If the Red Sox Takeover wasn't enough Fenway Park for you, or you just want to get dirty with your fellow LGBTQs, then allow us to introduce this takeover gem. On November 15, 2014, the Spartan Race has challenged us to do a Spartan Sprint obstacle course at Fenway Park, with $35 off until June 30. (Note: The period to get the discount has ended, but you can still join and run with TWC Spartan Sprint team by following the steps below.) Here's how to make it happen:
- Go to the Spartan Sprint Fenway Park page.
- Click on the "Register Now" button in the upper right hand corner of the page
- Enter your name, email and state.
- Click on the "Create or Join a Team" button.
- Click on the "Team Registration - Run with Friends" radio button under the "Afternoon Start Times (12:15 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.)" and hit "Continue".
- If you already have an account, sign in. If you don’t, enter your email address.
- Fill in all necessary personal information.
- Choose "12:15 P.M." when it asks "Which time would you prefer to race?"
- Under "Team Information" click the "Join a Team" radio button and you’ll be asked to enter a team name. Type "The Welcoming Committee" and select that team when it appears. (It may be listed as "The Welcoming Committee (Caro)".)
- Click "Continue".
- On the payment page, enter coupon code TWC75 to get the TWC discount.
- Enter payment information and hit "Complete."
- Announce your registration to everyone on the Facebook event and start training!
What to expect:
- The Spartan Sprint is at least 3 miles with 15+ obstacles
- From beginner trail racers and mud run participants to hardcore warriors, tough guys and marathon runners, everyone can test themselves on this insane obstacle race
- 99.9% of all people who try this event will finish, and 100% will have their thirst for mud & trail racing fully satisfied!
- All participants get a Finisher's Medal and t-shirt, plus bragging rights, scrapes and bruises, and awesome stories to tell
- Team Captains will help TWCers train for the race!
In their own words:
Why Spartan? Because the Spartans were tough as nails. Why race our obstacle course races? Because we all thrive under pressure, survival of the fittest. Our goal is simple... to get you off your couch, throw you in the mud & trails, and feed you one tough endurance event day that will be the adrenalin rush of your life.
An obstacle course race is designed to test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, and ability to laugh in the face of adversity. We want to own obstacle racing and our unique obstacle course trail races will demand every ounce of your strength, ingenuity, and animal instinct.